33 Deals & $283.5M Closed and Under Contract
It already feels like 2020 is well under way, but we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the banner year behind us and say thank you to our clients and colleagues who partnered with us to make a record number of deals happen, as well as support our move to Kidder Mathews.
We’ve geared up for another year of best-in-class brokerage services and market insights. Whether you plan to sell, buy, or hold, give us a call – we look forward to working with you in 2020!
Our deals in 2019 truly reflect the diverse expertise of our growing team. Capitol Hill proved to be our busiest Seattle neighborhood for deals, and produced both the oldest (from 1907) and the newest (just completed in 2019) buildings we sold.
While our largest built apartment listing sold was 132 units, we’re excited to see some major land deals close in 2020 around future light rail stations that will range from 240-282 units of new construction. And, of course, we’re still bringing our A-game for apartments ranging from 20-100 units.
We also continued to own the market for microhousing apartment sales, which included units as small as 111 SF. Keep your eyes open for more small units hitting the market in a few weeks…
By the Numbers
In between marketing deals, some of our team accomplishments by the numbers in 2019 included:
- Moving to Kidder Mathews in July
- Welcoming two new team members: Michelle Yeh and Brandon Lawler
- Reading three new books for our team book club – a year strong now! (Let us know if you need a good recommendation)
- Speaking at four major industry events, include WMFHA’s Washington Apartment Outlook in the Fall
- Producing five new market studies covering sales, employment and development, rent and vacancy, lending, and microhousing (keep your eyes out for new research each quarter in 2020!)
In Our “Free Time”…
And in our elusive “free time,” 2019 proved to be a year of family, giving, growth, and big moves for our team members:
- Dylan and Amy welcomed Azaria Simon into the world
- Jerrid and Samantha supported 11 families this holiday and started their own giving fund
- Alex and Liam left the mainland behind for (Bainbridge) island life
- Matt married his high-school sweetheart, Aubrey, in Mexico
- Tyler settled into a new place in Upper Queen Anne
- Brandon graduated from Loyola Marymount University before joining our team in August
- Cate completed her MBA at Seattle University
Want to keep up with our listings, research, and industry updates throughout 2020? Subscribe to our investor newsletter and follow our team page on LinkedIn!