Dear Clients, Colleagues & Industry Professionals—we are excited to delve into 2017 after closing out a banner year in 2016. Last year marked the busiest year ever for the Seattle apartment market. The tri-county region experienced over 400 sales and a record $5.5 billion in sales activity.
The Seattle Multifamily Team had its busiest year yet with over $175M in sales volume in nearly 20 transactions. We enter 2017 with nearly $100M in pending sales and listings and set to help our clients outperform the market this year.
A bit of news of the horizon …
- Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th
- We’ll report back on the National Multifamily Housing Council Meeting January 27th
- Seattle Multifamily Team’s 2017 Market Studies delivering mid-February
You may be wondering what is happening in the market …
- Multi-Housing News: Its Coming: Preparing for the Rent Plateau or Decline
- The Seattle Times: Seattle’s Record Apartment Boom is Ready to Explode
- Forbes: Top Tech Markets and the Rent Growth Slowdown
- Curbed Seattle: Seattle’s Rising Rents Showing Signs of Relief
- KING5.com: Seattle Apartment Market to Cool Down
- The Seattle Times: Turning Point for Seattle Rent Hikes: Some Hot Areas See Rents Drop
We are here to help!
Many people are torn between heady optimism and doubts about the direction of Seattle’s apartment market. The Seattle Multifamily Team is here to ensure your success!
Whether selling and looking to maximize price or looking for the best deal to buy – you want to work with true market experts. Our relationships, activity in the market, best-in-class marketing and unparalleled research make us the best partner for 2017.
As we all enter the fray of 2017, here are a few resources you can use to stay active, informed, and on top of the market:
We publish annual and quarterly market reports detailing the region’s latest market fundamentals, the development pipeline, as well as recent sales and rent comps. You can download our 2016 Seattle Apartment Market Study, or you can sign up to receive our 2017 Market Study.
Seattle Multifamily Team Blog
Whether you’re interested in Seattle’s rising rents or Trump’s impact on the market, visit our blog to find the answers (or at least an in-depth discussion!).’
Browse our latest listings in the Puget Sound area, including 1820 Boylston in Capitol Hill, Footprint Delridge in West Seattle, and Yale Lofts in Eastlake.
Staying current and engaged in this market matters more than ever. Stay tuned to this newsletter and our site for more news, discussions, and expertise on Seattle’s market in 2017. We’re in for a big year!
Most importantly, don’t forget to pick up the phone and call us (or shoot us an email) so we can Turn Our Expertise into your Profit. We’re all in for a big year, make sure you get the most out of 2017!